Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Loving Nature Our Way

The last few weeks our house has been buzzing with talk of nature. This, however, is not too out of the ordinary for us since we like to hike, feed the birds, throw rocks in the water, look for signs of wildlife, ect. What makes this different is it has been constant. A constant stream of questions. A constant pull to be outside observing and experiencing God's creation. A constant desire to learn more. It's fantastic! I talked more in detail about this on my other blog, King Alfred Academy, if you would like to read about it.

I am going to continue blogging our Green Hour Challenges and other nature things at King Alfred Academy and use this for all the "over flow". The purpose of this blog is to show more pictures from our nature walks and to go into more detail about things we encounter. So be sure to check both places to read about our adventures!

So without further ado, enjoy these pictures taken during a hike at Radnor
Lake in Nashville.


There are lots of deer in this park and since there are so many people who visit, they are pretty tame. These guys didn't hesitate walking across our path.

The boys found a large vine and pretended to be Tarzan.


This is the lake. It's full of ducks, geese, beavers, turtles, and even otters!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a really cool blog - it is very pretty! Good job on the design and I like the cool pictures of Radnor Lake. I go there with my wife sometimes! ;)

Lisa~ said...

I love it! I came by to say howdy! I finally put something up after lunch today.... I ended up not putting a lot of photos up.... its just so time consuming to put it all in photo bucket, and I just dont have that time.... I need it elsewhere ya know...

If its ok with you, I would like to link this blog to my nature blog... I will wait to hear from you...

I LOVE the name... very creative my dear....

Lisa~

PS... is the man home yet?? *Ü*

Barb said...

Loving the looks of this blog and I will be checking it often.

:)

Barb-Harmony Art Mom

Tina in WA said...

YEAH! Another wonderful nature blog. Loves the pictures. ~Tina