Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Nature Detectives

The boys participated in a program at our local nature center today. This program is set up to teach the kids how to look for things in nature. The instructor took to kids on an hour long hike playing "I Spy". She would say, "I spy something Mother Nature's fury created." Magnus found it right away...

(This log was struck by lightening)

Or, "I Spy something that looks like a dull green sponge."

She called this "Reindeer Moss".

She gave other clues to things that made to kids think about where to look. She is trying to get them to become familiar with their surroundings. These programs are invaluable. Here are some more pictures of our hike...

3 comments:

Tina in WA said...

That looks like so much fun!

I am going to have to make some calls tomorrow and see if we can find something like that around here. "I" would love to attend. :o)

Thanks for sharing your day.

~Tina

Lori C., Texas said...

I didn't make my template. I copied an pasted it from a free template site:) I don't know how to make things like that! I have know idea how I am going to keep up with 2 blogs. I am still amazed that I can't keep up with one!:)

Lori

my5wolfcubs said...

The "I Spy" sounds wonderful! I could do that...
Lee