Thursday, March 27, 2008

Nature Detectives

Let me just say that I am glad we did not pay for the program today. It was a complete waste of time and energy. Very disappointing. We basically did Ms. Anne's work for her. The paved trail has markers along the side that lists and points to different trees in the woods. They have two sets of "cards"...one for Autumn and one showing the characteristics of that tree for summer. We walked along the paved trail and switched out the signs. No lesson. No nothin'. I did, however get some good pictures, the boys did get outside, and they got to put into practice: "Righty tighty, lefty loosey", so I guess it wasn't a total waste of time.



We'll just have to wait and see what the program, 'Boro Wild, is like today...

2 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Aww.. sorry it seemed like a bust... You are right... at least you were outside! I saw sunshine!!

(Hand on forehead... swaying back in my chair... Oh how I long for sunshine!!)

Lisa~

Tina in WA said...

At think of the pride your boys will have when they walk that path again and know they are the ones that helped to change the signs. :o)

Way to go on gettin outdoors!

~Tina